Losing weight is a difficult journey, especially if you try to do it alone. Kristin Wood at Living Lighter Santa Rosa's Best Weight Loss understands how tough that journey can be, and she offers group weight loss classes and group weight loss programs that teach clients strategic weight loss concepts that offer the results they want.
These classes last for four weeks, focusing on the six pillars of weight loss and helping clients achieve their weight loss goals. Here’s a closer look at the benefits a group setting offers, as well as a look at the techniques and strategies Kristin uses to help clients finally achieve the healthy body and lifestyle they want.
The Benefits of Group Weight Loss Classes and Weight Loss Programs
Why give Kristin’s group weight loss classes a try? Working to lose weight in a group setting offers many benefits. In fact, new research shows that group weight loss programs actually offer far better results than trying to lose weight alone. Here’s a look at the benefits group programs can offer:
- Benefit #1 – You’re More Likely to Show Up – Group weight loss classes encourage accountability. You’re more likely to show up when you have a teacher and others in your class that will notice your absence. This isn't like college where you can skip classes and still pull off a passing grade; we're looking for commitment, dedication, and a healthy enthusiasm. However, don't worry; these classes are highly enjoyable and teach you that healthy living is an exciting thing!
- Benefit #2 – You’ll Be Challenged – Kristin and those in your group will challenge you to keep pushing, even when it seems it’s getting tough to see results. Kristin makes the process easy to begin and amps up the intensity as the class progresses.
- Benefit #3 – Support – Support is one of the essentials when you’re trying to lose weight, and you’ll have the support and encouragement you need to move forward on your weight loss journey. The participating group forms a tight-knit social network of individuals all aiming for the same like-minded goal. When it comes to anything disciplinary, a unified effort phenomenally improves the rate of success!
Our 4-Week Class Focuses on the Six Pillars of Weight Loss
When you take one of the four-week weight loss classes at Living Lighter, Kristin will focus on the six pillars of weight loss. The six pillars you'll learn include:
- Pillar #1 - Eating Right – You can’t out-exercise a bad diet, and eating right is one of the essential pillars of weight loss. You’ll learn about healthy nutrition and making healthy food choices to reach your weight loss goals. From proper portion sizes to reducing calories to stimulate weight loss, Kristin will give you the nutritional tools you need to boost your weight loss efforts.
- Pillar #2 – Exercise – Not only is exercise important for weight loss, it’s essential for your overall health. During your weight loss programs with Kristin, you’ll learn about the types of exercise that are best for your body and how to use exercise with a healthy diet to get the healthy, fit body you want.
- Pillar #3 – Healthy Mindset – It’s not enough to eat right and exercise, you need to have a healthy mindset too. Many people sabotage their own weight loss results by having the wrong mindset about food, exercising, and losing weight.
- Pillar #4 – Stress Management – Studies show that too much stress is associated with a larger waistline. Stress results in the production of hormones that cause the body to store belly fat. This means that managing your stress is an important part of your weight loss journey. Kristin will teach helpful stress management techniques that will improve your life and help you lose those extra pounds.
- Pillar #5 – Sleep & Rest – You might not realize it, but being short on sleep can result in weight gain. When you don’t get enough rest, it’s easier to skip workouts and make bad food choices. Studies even show that people who don’t sleep enough eat larger portions, resulting in weight gain. Lack of sleep also results in an increase of hunger hormones, which can make you eat more. You’ll learn the importance of getting rest as you work towards losing weight and improving your fitness.
- Pillar #6 – Reduce Toxic Load – Kristin’s weight loss classes also teach you the importance of reducing the toxic load on your body. The body’s ability to deal with toxins affects your ability to lose weight. You’ll learn more about why toxins make it tough to take off pounds, as well as strategies to reduce the toxic load on your body so you enjoy the best results as you work towards a healthier you.
If you’re ready to start your journey towards a fitter body and improved health, Kristin Wood of Living Lighter can help. Find out more today about her group weight loss classes and how you can get started on your weight loss journey.